[c-nsp] Cisco 7507 RSP4 with 2* Vip2-50

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Feb 14 00:00:07 EST 2006

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, Pete Templin wrote:

>> Some of the considerations:
>> 	- version of IOS (newer code is generally bigger)

We have similar 12.2S versions.

>> 	- number external routes (i.e. "global BGP" routes)

I think we both said we have a full (170-180k routes) view.

>> 	- number of internal routes (many customers have almost as many

I've got well over 1k internal routes, but I wouldn't think that makes a
big difference when compared to 180k BGP routes.

>> 	- features configured

I don't know about the OP, but in addition to the usual IPv4, BGP, OSPF,
we're doing MPLS VPN with vpnv4 BGP.

> Bingo.  Jon's VIPs are 54% "full" on memory, and mine are just about the
> same (58.4MB free).  Why would the OP's VIPs go boom on 12.2S?

IOS bug(s).