[c-nsp] RIB-failure - anything to worry about?

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Fri Feb 24 08:52:23 EST 2006

Vincent De Keyzer wrote:

> So basically, you are proposing to propagate the /18s and the /20s via iBGP
> rather than with OSPF? Fine for me, it that removes this scary 'r', it's a
> good idea.

Yes, that's my suggestion.  (Or technically, to propagate via iBGP
instead of OSPF and iBGP.)

>> and if edge routers lose connectivity to your core,
>> your edge routers will no longer blackhole some of your traffic.
>
> ... but I am already out of that danger, right? If my IX router looses
> connectivity to the core, it will loose the route via OSPF, and will stop
> announcing it via eBGP, correct?

I couldn't tell which end was up; everyone calls
'core','edge','border',whatever something different.  But yes, as long
as your aggregates originate in the center and the outside loses the
aggregate if segregated, you're fine.

pt