[c-nsp] question about BFD

Dan Martin dmartin at micromuse.com
Wed Jan 4 20:26:45 EST 2006

I think juniper has bfd support as well.

And I don't think you have to wait for arp to resolve the address, I
think your bfd tests should keep the address from aging out and
therefore you should not be dependent on any arp resolution for any test
you have set up.

I'd be interested in hearing about any operational experience with BFD.
I think unless its used wisely it could be the equivalent of putting a
rubber band over your grip safety, a specifically good idea could turn
into a generally bad one, depending on the circumstances.