[c-nsp] question about BFD

McCallum, Robert robert.mccallum at thus.net
Thu Jan 5 04:54:19 EST 2006

*** yep that was your problem it was a 7600 - lol!!

Also what gert said is perfectly correct - BFD works in conjunction with
routing protocols (not isis as far as I am aware - yet) to detect signal
DOWNs.  I have labbed it with ospf and bgp and tbh it worked fine.  I
don't need to implement it in the live environment - not yet anyway :-)
One thing to note is that BFD is supported with SSO, whereas screwing
your hello timers down i.e. fast-hellos are not supported with SSO.

HTH