[c-nsp] Problem with NPE-G1

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sat Jan 7 17:31:43 EST 2006

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 10:54:55PM +0100, Robert Hass wrote:
> %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet0/1,
> changed state to down
> %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface GigabitEthernet0/1, changed state to down
> %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface GigabitEthernet0/1, changed state to up
> %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet0/1,
> changed state to up

I've seen this on 7200 with PA-FE and onboard I/O controllers before
- my interpretation is that IOS is reprogramming the interface hardware
(for whatever reason) and thereby causing a link reset, or negotiation
restart, or whatever.

We're not seeing this on our 7301, which is using SX fiber to reach
the corresponding switch.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de