[c-nsp] dialer watch vs. matching interesting traffic

Piestaga piestaga at aster.pl
Mon Jan 9 11:22:56 EST 2006

It changes my point of view.
I have found many examples of configurations on cco that were putting
"access-list" for indication of an "interesting traffis" and those
docs were source of my questions.

I agree with you, that it does not make sense in this case but I
though that this is an additional feature to dialer watch.
Now I know it is not :-)    Thanks.

Tell me if I am wrong.
-  dialer watch can be useful for CPE that are "equipped" with dynamic
 routing protocol and when we want to watch one particular adres or
 network,
 - floating static routing is necessary in all remaining configs
 expecially when on CPE router we rely only on default routing (just
phisical connection of CPE to the IP network)

Regards
Sebastian

--
Best regards,