[c-nsp] freeradius and cisco router authentication help!!

Erik Sundberg sunder at appscorp.net
Tue Jan 10 12:43:56 EST 2006

is there anyone out there using free radius 1.0.X for cisco router
authentiaction

Could you please send me a sample user config for radius and the config on
the cisco router for the aaa.

We are having trouble with the config. I have freeradius working and it
authenticates ok with the router but it doesn't let you go to the prompt,
instead it asks you for the username and password again. Any ideas?????

Current config on the cisco router

aaa new-model
aaa authentication login default group radius local
radius-server config is ok becuase they are talking to each other.

radius: user file config

test Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "1234"
        Service-Type = Login,
        Cisco-AVPair = "shell:priv-lvl=15"

$enab15$ Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "cisco"
        Service-Type = Login,
        Cisco-AVPair = "shell:priv-lvl=15"

Thanks in advance

Erik