[c-nsp] ComCast

Bill Wichers billw at waveform.net
Fri Jan 13 00:41:40 EST 2006

> The only good thing to come out of the case is the supremacy of the
> FCC trumping state laws.  We can only hope in another decade that
> the idiots at the FCC get replaced and the FCC eventually re-rules
> that the cable wire networks are communications networks.
>
> Ted

Alas, all one can hope for is that the current idiots at the FCC get
replaced with a new crop of idiots that will do different kinds of stupid
things next time. Over the past 10+ years I think it's pretty obvious that
the gov't really doesn't have any clue how any of this stuff works. Look
at the argument that there "is enough competition now" and letting the
RBOCs start doing all kinds of new things. When I go down to my friendly
local CLEC's CO, the inside joke is that it's like going back to 1983 --
before the breakup -- except this time Ma Bell isn't going to be
benevolent.

     -Bill