[c-nsp] etherchannel load-balance when un-equal traffic

Suchy Daniel ds at nix.cz
Fri Jan 13 06:39:06 EST 2006

Traffic between routers is on switch always identified by their src/dst
MAC addresses (tunnels have no effect).

Some boxes can lookup in higher layers (IP addresses / ports) and
balance traffic using these informations. But 3550 can balance by
src/dst MAC _only_. If flow from one router will reach for example one
gigabit, whole gigabit flow will be sent to one line in channel.