[c-nsp] Sup720 & Sup32 ingress TOS/EXP marking

Önder Ergün (Probil-İstanbul) onder.ergun at probil.com.tr
Mon Jan 16 01:25:06 EST 2006

You can only set the mpls exp bit of an mpls packet not the precedence field of the ip header.

I am not sure about Sup32 but Sup720 has strange behaviours with MPLS QoS which are documented also.

>From http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/122sx/swcg/mplsqos.htm

"During IP-to-MPLS imposition, IP ToS marking is not supported. If you configure a policy to mark IP ToS, the PFC3BXL or PFC3B marks the EXP value. "

So, in your test bed you can mark the ip precedence of packets on 7401 PE-CE interface, or mark the MPLS EXP bit on Sup32 but if you want to preserve the ToS byte you should use another policy on the PHP router(7200) to copy the EXP bit to precedence.

Onder