[c-nsp] Edge Router Advice

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Jan 18 17:14:08 EST 2006

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 12:33:26PM -0600, Pete Templin wrote:
> Paul Stewart wrote:
>
> > Looking for thoughts on Sup2/MSFC2 vs Sup720 vs small GSR vs 7206VXR for
> > performance??
>
> If you're comfortable that this will be a purely Ethernet application,
> Sup720 may be a good choice (but I can't speak to that yet).

Sup720 with 12.2(18)SXE and SXF has some weird BGP bugs, but those only
seem to show up for a few users (us, of course :) ).

Besides those, our two 7603/Sup720 have been really nice.  Fast, rock-solid
(even if getting 6 Mbit of ARP broadcasts or some 100 mbit of IPv6 with
nasty options getting thrown at), and nearly impossible to oversubscribe
with GE cards :-)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de