[c-nsp] SFM and Sup720 and 7600

Kim Onnel karim.adel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 06:37:24 EST 2006

Hi,

We want to purchas WS-X6724-SFP (Catalyst 6500 24-port GigE Mod:
fabric-enabled) for our 7609 which has Sup720-BASE,

someone mentioned that because its fabric enabled its much expensive than
purchasing a SFM + non-fabric-enabled Ggia Module,

someone else mentioned that the fabroc-enabled module performs poorly and
Needs an SFM.

Can anyone please shed light on this part and whats needed and whats not ?

*The ports will not be used for server or LAN stuff, but uplinks and SP
links.

I need your opinions and suggestions.

Thanks