[c-nsp] CBWFQ with Tunnel interface

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Fri Jan 20 08:01:46 EST 2006

Aly, Yasser <> wrote on Friday, January 20, 2006 11:40 AM:

>   I am working on QoS configs that requires apply CBWFQ on a WAN
> interface to priotorize portion of the bandwidth for voice traffic,
> beside distributing bandwidth over three other classes. The question I
> am looking forward to get an answer for is how to do this under tunnel
> interface? Is it supported to apply under a tunnel interface a policy
> that is used CBWFQ? If not then what are other ways or workarounds to
> achieve this target?

you can do CBWFQ on a Tunnel using hierarchical policies (i.e. shaper at
parent to create the backpressure upon congestion, and then apply CBFWQ
in a child policy), check out
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk543/tk545/technologies_tech_note09186a
008017405e.shtml

Which platform are you trying this on?