[c-nsp] CBWFQ with Tunnel interface

Aly, Yasser Yasser.Aly at getronics.com
Fri Jan 20 09:53:02 EST 2006

Hi Oliver,

 Thanks a lot for your valuable comments. I have one more question that
popped up while going through the link you provided.

The tunnel type I am dealing with is GRE Multipoint tunnel and in the
document saying under the Multipoint Tunnel Interfaces section

"CBWFQ inside class-based shaping is not supported on a multipoint
interface. Cisco bug ID CSCds87191 configures the router to print an
error message when rejecting the policy."

Checking this bug ID:  It is described as service-policy output
disappears from mGRE tunnel config. Does this mean that trying to apply
QoS under multipoint GRE tunnel won't work altogether; or it means that
QoS can be applied on this type of tunnels but I do not have option
except to apply the service-policy command under the physical interface?

Best Regards,
Yasser