[c-nsp] 6500 QoS gigabit bandwidth allocation

John Center john.center at villanova.edu
Mon Jan 23 11:14:48 EST 2006

Hi,

We're trying to use QoS on the 6500 to control Internet traffic, using
the QoS Baseline as a starting point.  Our primary Internet link is
provisioned as Gigabit Ethernet, over long-haul fiber to a carrier
hotel.  Our feed is 100Mb, soon to go to 200Mb.  With the speed
mismatch, how do we configure QoS to use 100/200Mb as the actual
bandwidth of the link?  Reviewing Cisco's docs, I basically see a "Don't
use Gigabit Ethernet links for WAN provisioning."  But, since that is
what we are doing, what is the best way to compensate?

Thanks.

	-John

--
John Center