[c-nsp] VIP4-80 throughput

Kristofer Sigurdsson kristosig at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 04:51:43 EST 2006

Hi,

For some reason or another, we have an old 7500 router in our network.
 Since the rest of it is based on different architectures (7200/7600),
I am not very familiar with the 7500 series.

I was wondering whether or not I could realistically expect full
throughput out of putting four STM-1's in two VIP4-80 in the router,
a.k.a. two PA-POS-OC3 in each VIP.
No other interfaces would be in use, the box would just be routing
between the four STM-1's.

The RSP is RSP8, if that helps, we'd be taking two, possibly three,
full BGP feeds, IOS 12.0S.  We have 256 MB of memory on the VIP's, if
I recall correctly.

Thanks,
-Kristo