[c-nsp] VIP4-80 throughput

Jason Malacko jmalacko at fishnet.com
Tue Jan 24 09:18:03 EST 2006

I wouldn't recommend having more than 2 full BGP feeds on RSP8s. RSP8s have
a maximum of 256MB. We've used two PA-POS-OC3s before but never wanted to
put them both in the same VIP as we were looking for redundancy. On 12.0S we
ended up with a very unstable router and replaced it with a 12K. I would be
much more concerned about the stability of using this solution in relation
to BGP. As far as through goes, I generally hold that the 7500 is a ~250Mb
router regardless of that fact that Cisco says this platform has ~2Gb of
switching capacity.

-Jason