[c-nsp] IPSec configuration for cisco7200 over IPv6

bnabarun at netscape.net bnabarun at netscape.net
Tue Jan 24 07:29:25 EST 2006

Hi,

    I am trying to configure an IPSec tunnel over IPv6 using manual keying. I have a cisco-7200 which has
Cisco IOS version 12.4T image loaded.

   I am able to configure a tunnel interface. But I am not able to configure inbound and outbound SAs using IPv6. I am trying to use the "crypto map" command but it seems that this command does not support IPv6 address to be specified as a peer address.

  i.e set peer <ip addr>|<hostname>.

  My question is whether we can configure manual keying for peers over IPv6? If yes then any pointers to
the command reference will be extremely helpful. Also any reference to configure IPsec using automatic keying (using IKE) would be very helpful.

Thanks and Regards
Nabarun