[c-nsp] power supply for Cisco 7604

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sun Jan 29 17:20:55 EST 2006

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 11:11:55PM +0100, Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists wrote:
> > I'm a bit confused regarding power supply options for the
> > 7604.  Overall, it seems to be a nice box, but using 2700W
> > power supplies (at about 1500 EUR for the second one!) is a
> > bit overboard, IMHO
> Well, it's the only one available for that form factor.

Thanks.  That's what I read from the available data, but found it somewhat
hard to believe.

> > Can this be true?  A new PSU form factor, and only a single
> > type of power supply, with far too much capacity?
> Why does it matter that it has too much capacity?

Well - it seems the capacity directly affects the price, and additionally,
I'd assume that a 2700W PSU serving 600W is less efficient than a 1000W
PSU doing the same thing, thus causing a higher electricity bill in the
long run...

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de