[c-nsp] SVI's on 3550s

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Jan 30 10:24:40 EST 2006

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Aivars wrote:

> A short answer is - NO.
>
> If you have the only interface in the vlan, why wouldn't you do no
> switchport on the physical interface and put IP directly on it?

Anyone know why that is?  I ran into the same thing recently on a 7600.
Configuring it as an SVI makes it a little easier to change how/where the
connection terminates on the 7600...and also, even if you do a no
switchport, it's handled internally as a vlan/SVI...so I didn't expect
this difference in behavior.