[c-nsp] Querying the 64-bit counters of a Virtual-Access interface on a Cisco 7206VXR performing as a BRAS for.

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Mon Jul 3 16:49:56 EDT 2006

Software image: c7200-is-mz.122-26.bin

I use a Perl script on our server to correlate information from our physical
DSLAM ports, Cisco router, and subscriber database.  Some time ago I opened
a case with TAC because the packet/octet counters I was reading from CLI
wasn't reliable.  I learned that I had to use the 64-bit counters to get the
real thing.

One of the problem with this method is that I can't go from a Vi#### to the
specific object number.  For example, Vi85 is SNMP ifXEntry value 110.  Two
related questions:
a) Is there a way from the CLI, as is possible in the Motorola BSR64k, to
identify the object number for a certain Virtual-Access interface?
b) Is there any way from the CLI to obtain these 64-bit values?

It looks like I might have to read 1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.1 (2100+ entries,
for me), identify the appropriate object from this list, and then hit the
appropriate ifHCxxxx OIDs to get the In/Outs as needed.

Regards,

Frank