[c-nsp] Line Code Violations

Matthew Crocker matthew at crocker.com
Thu Jul 6 10:18:09 EDT 2006

> Our data equipment is set to use c-bit framing and can only support
> b3zs. I found out yesterday that TWT has their section of the circuit
> set to m13 instead of c-bit. I'm assuming that that would be a problem
> so I'm trying to get them to change it. Shouldn't the line be
> provisioned for c-bit end-to-end?

If you are doing DS-3 'clear channel'  (i.e. 45mbps) then you want it
set for cbit.  If you are doing DS-3 'channelized' (i.e. 28 x DS-1
circuits) then you want to use M13 (em-one-three, not em-thirteen)
framing.  And yes, the framing should be the same for the entire
circuit.

-Matt

--
Matthew S. Crocker