[c-nsp] Line Code Violations

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 09:54:20 EDT 2006

On 7/6/06, Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm at toybox.placo.com> wrote:
> switch and have the other side provide clock
>
> then have both sides set to obtain clock from the line
>
> See what happens
>
> Telcos these days all multiplex their circuits together - I am not sure
> exactly
> how they accomplish this without supplying clock to both sides.  Many of
> our point-to-points apparently go through telco equipment that also isn't
> sure exactly how to accomplish this either, and will supply clock, despite
> the telco's techs protestations to the contrary.
>
> Ted

There are actually three legs to this circuit: two from Qwest and one
from Time Warner Telecom. The circuit looks like this, beginning at
our HQ:

* DS3 rides an OC12 to a Qwest CO (c-bit framing, b3zs)
* DS3 from Qwest CO to another Qwest CO
* Circuit jumps onto TWT facilities
* Circuit rides TWT facilities into the remote location

Our data equipment is set to use c-bit framing and can only support
b3zs. I found out yesterday that TWT has their section of the circuit
set to m13 instead of c-bit. I'm assuming that that would be a problem
so I'm trying to get them to change it. Shouldn't the line be
provisioned for c-bit end-to-end?

Thanks,
John