[c-nsp] cisco-nsp Digest, Vol 44, Issue 14

Arie Vayner ariev at vayner.net
Thu Jul 6 17:31:39 EDT 2006

One thing to be aware of is the software split.
The current 12.2(18)SX train (12.2(18)SXF4 etc) is a "6500" train and
there is a new train (12.2SR) which is a "7600" train.

The newer (12.2SR) train is targeted for SP edge services (such as
advanced MPLS L2/L3 VPN features) while the other train (12.2SX) is
targeted for data center/LAN environments.

It does not mean that each version would not run on the opposite
platform, but to better understand it, I suggest to take a look at the
release notes:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122relnt/122srrn.htm

Arie