[c-nsp] Dropping ISDN dialup access

Brian McMahon brmcmaho at cabrillo.edu
Sat Jul 8 21:40:51 EDT 2006

On Jul 8, 2006, at 11:05, Kanagaraj Krishna wrote:

>    We have an ISDN dialup customer who uses a ISDN modem on their
> side to
> connect to our network. On our side its connected to a outdated
> Xyplex router.
> Currently we are in the process of changing to a Cisco 7206 router
> with 8 port
> BRI-S/T. The issue is that with the cisco, whenever the customer
> dials in the
> call last for only 120seconds and drops. Any idea on solving this
> issue?

Since 120 seconds is the default dialer idle timeout, I would (if I
were a betting man) make a wager that you haven't properly defined
"interesting traffic" on the Cisco side.

Only "interesting" packets reset the idle timer.  If nothing is
considered interesting, the call will drop in exactly the manner you
describe.  See dialer-list and dialer-group for details.

"Interesting" traffic also defines what can cause a dialout.  Here we
start to get into the particolored array of different flavors of DDR
in IOS....

--
Brian McMahon <brian dot mcmahon at cabrillo dot edu>
Computer Networking and System Administration Instructor