[c-nsp] Transporting TDM voice DS3s over Ethernet

Matthew Stainforth Matthew.Stainforth at nucomm.net
Fri Jul 14 15:59:29 EDT 2006

I'm trying to find a way to transport two DS3s carrying all TDM voice
traffic (if it matters) over an ethernet segment.

Telco| ============= |IX building| ---------------------- |co-lo|

Where ==== is two DS3 circuits and ------ is a 100meg ethernet vlan

I can get DS3s from the carrier to the IX but the co-lo provider only
does ethernet between the IX and their premises (I was assuming it was
sonet...so my bad)

My first thought was to use routers with DS3 cards and bridge the
interfaces but it's not going to be that simple is it?

Has anyone out there tried something like this and found a solution?

Thanks...

Matt...