[c-nsp] Transporting TDM voice DS3s over Ethernet

Chad Whitten cwhitten at nexband.com
Sat Jul 15 13:16:47 EDT 2006

I have to agree.  I had tremendous problems transporting 4 DS1's over a 10
megabit ethernet link.  Also, the ethernet connection must be a layer 2
connection and not a routed layer 3 connection.  Trying to do this over a
routed connection induces all kinds of problems with timing and such.

No one has asked this yet, so I will:  would it be feasible to install
some sort of VoIP gateway and move away from TDM or are you actually using
that many voice channels?

Chad Whitten