[c-nsp] Transporting TDM voice DS3s over Ethernet

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sun Jul 23 18:31:47 EDT 2006

Sorry I entered this discussion late but, I'll ask the obvious:

The OP wants to put a PBX in a colo cabinet, correct?

The co-lo cabinet provider won't run 2 length's of 75 ohm coax for the
DS3's from the basement of their building where the IX is, to the 3rd floor
where the colo is, correct?  But they will run lengths of Ethernet?

Has the OP considered telling the colo provider they are going
to leave and find a different colo provider?  We have found with
our own colo cabinet contracts that threatening the provider with
not renewing the contract will suddenly start allowing all sorts of
rules to br broken.

The solution seems pretty obvious to me.

Ted