[c-nsp] C&W E1 in the UK

gscisco@xs4all.nl Cisco gscisco at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 16:27:58 EDT 2006

On 7/16/06, Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike at swm.pp.se> wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Jul 2006, Arie Vayner wrote:
>
> > In most cases the router should not use "clock internal", but take the
> > clock from the line.
> > I would recommend removing the "clock internal" command.
>
> I'd say quite the opposite, but it's depending on provider. Most I know of
> want one customer end to provide clock, we do it at the PE end.
>
> --

My experience as well is that when you order a unframed circuit the telco
will not provide framing nor clocking. This is also called a transparent
circuit. So in such cases you need to set clocking on one end, which is
usually easiest on the PE side to do it for all circuits that need it.

What makes you think that you might have clocking problems ? Are you
experienceing clock slips on the controller output or seeing any other type
of errors (line code violations, path code violations) ?

Regards,

Vincent