[c-nsp] C&W E1 in the UK

Chris Roberts croberts at bongle.co.uk
Tue Jul 18 08:56:14 EDT 2006

> Subject: Re: [c-nsp] C&W E1 in the UK
> >
> > I'd say quite the opposite, but it's depending on provider. Most I know
> of
> > want one customer end to provide clock, we do it at the PE end.
> >

> My experience as well is that when you order a unframed circuit the telco
> will not provide framing nor clocking. This is also called a transparent
> circuit. So in such cases you need to set clocking on one end, which is
> usually easiest on the PE side to do it for all circuits that need it.
>
> What makes you think that you might have clocking problems ? Are you
> experienceing clock slips on the controller output or seeing any other
> type
> of errors (line code violations, path code violations) ?
>
> Regards,

This shouldn't be a clock slip in Zahid's case - I configured the E1 in question :)

The configuration on that circuit was provided by C&W from their configurations on their own multichannel STM-1 circuits after problems were originally experienced and should be correct according to them - C&W don't provide a clock on the circuit and want one provided therefore the clock was set at the PE end.

What are the symptoms you're seeing Z? Mail me off-list.

Cheers,
Chris.