[c-nsp] bgp filtering to save memory question

Scott Granados sgranados at jeteye.com
Mon Jul 17 14:41:58 EDT 2006

I have an issue and wonder if anyone has any pointers.

I have a 7507 taking two full views.  I presently filter for routes on
the /24 level but do to increasing table size and so on I wish to filter
out /24's and say accept only /23's or /22's.

So, I've done the following, I have my learned routes match against a
prefix list with a route map.  The list looks like

Ip prefix-list specific seq 5 0.0.0.0/0 le 24

I'll just change this to /22

Then add default routes and reset the inbound sessions with a soft in.

My question is this, when I do this I seem to not gain any memory
savings.  Also, my number of network entries stays the same, about
188700 or so yet my installed routes match the filters.  Do I have to
disable soft inbound to make this work?  What step have I forgotten?

Thanks