[c-nsp] Cisco caching solution

Mark Tinka mtinka at africaonline.co.zw
Wed Jul 19 09:58:30 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 19 July 2006 18:38, Dan Caescu wrote:
> You could use wccp. THis is what you should have in your
> squid.conf:
>
> wccp_router
> httpd_accel_host
> httpd_accel_port
> httpd_accel_with_proxy
> httpd_accel_uses_host_header
>
> I thin (not sure) that you have to compile the wccp module
> separately.

Trying not to turn this thread into a Linux one :-):

The Linux kernel, version 2.6.9 and onwards, now has native
support for WCCP via the native GRE driver, ip_gre.c.

I tried to get it to work, using various combinations including
the popular ip_wccp.c module, but it's just hectic :). Some
people have got it to work, others haven't.

Cheers,

Mark.