[c-nsp] Cisco caching solution

Dan Caescu dan at internet.ao
Wed Jul 19 12:38:39 EDT 2006

You could use wccp. THis is what you should have in your squid.conf:

wccp_router
httpd_accel_host
httpd_accel_port
httpd_accel_with_proxy
httpd_accel_uses_host_header

I thin (not sure) that you have to compile the wccp module separately.

then you have to redirect port 80 to port 3128 (or maybe setup squid to listen
on port 80 not 3128),and afterwards do:

config t
ip wccp version 1 (also check out www.squid.org, it now supports wccp ver. 2)
ip wccp web-cache
int <outgoing interface>
ip wccp web-cache redirect out
wr mem

then check out your access log on the squid server to make sure everything is
working and also do 'show ip wccp' on the cisco

Dan

On Wednesday 19 July 2006 12:42, Kanagaraj Krishna wrote:
> Hi,
>    How do we implement a caching solution (squid) on a running network.
> This network consist of 7200series routers and 2950 switches. Usually the
> way to use caching is by enabling it on the browser. But we have a lot of
> customers and having them change their settings manually would be
> troublesome. My questions are:
>
> - Is there any way of pointing traffic to a caching server from the switch
> or router for easier implementation?
> - Any comments or suggestions/best practice for this kind of
> implementation.
>
> Thanks.

Dan Caescu
Internet Technologies Angola Lda