[c-nsp] RSPAN

Jee Kay jeekay at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 13:58:38 EDT 2006

I'm having a very weird problem at the moment with RSPAN over a few
switchhops. Basically, if I monitor an interface that 'show interface'
says is getting a fair amount of traffic (and that I know from looking
at the other side / knowing what the router is doing..) and start
monitoring it, I am only getting what look like CPU punted packets
actually appearing at the remote port.

Specifically, I'm expecting to see a lot of transit traffic and
multicast, but all I see is locally significant OSPF/HSRP/PIM traffic
- no transit traffic whatsoever. Even worse, this seems to be somewhat
intermittent in that sometimes it suddenly works and shows me the
correct traffic, only to lapse back into broken mode a few minutes
later

Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas how to diagnose/fix it?

Thanks,
Ras