[c-nsp] No DSCP transparency, please

Everton da Silva Marques everton at lab.ipaccess.diveo.net.br
Thu Jul 20 08:11:38 EDT 2006

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 11:10:43PM +0200, Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists wrote:
> With a Sup720-3B, is there any way to turn off DSCP transparency
> on a PE doing MPLS VPN? Basically, I want to set the 'customer'
> DSCP to something else on the ingress interface, or at least set
> it to zero.

I tried something similar, but TAC stated that:

  During ip2mpls imposition, PFC3B ****always**** preserves
  IP ToS, therefore it does not support marking IP ToS. If
  you configure a policy to do this, it does not mark IP ToS.
  It marks the internal dscp which is mapped to the imposed
  EXP and the output CoS.

  Now, there is not much I can do about these limitations
  as they are hardware-based.

  Normally, in SP networks, PE relies on the CE to set the
  IP TOS and then it either trusts this and puts it into EXP
  or it overrides it using input service policy to mark the
  EXP to something else.

Everton