[c-nsp] FWSM issues

Stefan Baltus sbaltus at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 13:43:34 EDT 2006

Hi list,

I have an FWSM in a cat6509 slot 9 where not all 6 links from the switch to the
FWSM's are contained in the gigabit etherchannel:

Port  Status     Channel              Admin Ch
                 Mode                 Group Id
----- ---------- -------------------- ----- -----
 9/1  connected  on                     144  1665
 9/2  connected  on                     144  1665
 9/3  connected  on                     144  1665
 9/4  connected  on                     144  1665
----- ---------- -------------------- ----- -----

Normally, port 9/5 and 9/6 are also in the port channel. For some reason,
I think somebody tried to add a few other ports to the same GEC admin
group:

sh run | inc port channel
set port channel 8/29-32,9/1-4 144

which is wrong ofcourse. However: I cannot seem to remove ports 8/29-32
from this channel group. There is no thing as 'clear port channel ...'.

I tried set port channel 8/29-32 mode off, but that doesn't help.

The result is that the FWSM still thinks that port 5 and 6 are in the
channel (and even sends packets on them!) but the switch drops the packets:

sw0101> (enable) sh count 9/5
18 rxHCDropEvents                     =                    1394

Anyone seen this before?

Cheers,

Stefan

--
E: stefan at iunxi.nl                      iunxi BV
M: +31 (0)6 18844094                    Postbus 1315