[c-nsp] "show platform hardware capacity" shows sup720-3b FIB tableat 98%

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Fri Jul 21 14:22:52 EDT 2006

This is correct - it has to do with a limitation of the specific TCAM
memory used in PFC3B/BXL which requires that the entries used for 144
bit routes (v6 & multicast) be allocated in blocks of 16K 72-bit
entries (=8K 144 bit entries).

I would think 239K is adequate for the forseeable future for IPv4
routes, but would like to be enlightened if that's not the case
(flame-proof suit donned).

Not sure if it was mentioned elsewhere in this thread, but be aware
that changing the max-routes config does require a system reboot...

Tim

At 07:23 PM 7/21/2006 +0200, sthaug at nethelp.no exclaimed:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759