[c-nsp] "show platform hardware capacity" shows sup720-3b FIB tableat 98%

Peter Kranz pkranz at unwiredltd.com
Fri Jul 21 15:14:38 EDT 2006

http://www.cidr-report.org/cgi-bin/plota?file=%2Fvar%2Fdata%2Fbgp%2Fas4637%2
Fbgp-active.txt&descr=Active+BGP+entries+%28FIB%29&ylabel=Active+BGP+entries
+%28FIB%29&range=Year&StartDate=&EndDate=&yrange=Auto&ymin=&ymax=&Width=1&He
ight=1&with=Step&color=auto&logscale=linear

Sorry for that link.. but the jist of it is that the global IPv4 routing
table grew from 160k routes 12 months ago to 190k routes today. So 30k
routes/year.. Which means in sometime around 12-18 months from now the
sup720-3b will not handle IPv4 full routes.

Peter Kranz
Founder/CEO - Unwired Ltd
www.UnwiredLtd.com
Desk: 510-868-1614 x100