[c-nsp] 7304 and netflow under heavy traffic load

Rich Lemmerman rich_lemmerman at yahoo.ca
Sat Jul 29 15:52:27 EDT 2006

Having an unusual netflow issue with the 7304 which we are planning to use as our edge router at a not-too-large data center.  When a specific destination address (but hundreds of ports) receives heavy traffic, the netflow records reduces considerably for that destination but stays steady overall.  However when the heavy traffic subsides, the really old netflow records associated with that destination show up tardily.  The effect is that one of the several real-time netflow analysis tool reports the heavy traffic after the traffic has subsided.

Is it the case that the 7304 is underpowered relative to netflow generation of this kind or is there a potential problem with the 7304 or its IOS or its config relative to netflow.

Thanks
- Rich