[c-nsp] Cisco BFD and NSF

Charles Spurgeon c.spurgeon at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Jul 31 22:20:28 EDT 2006

I didn't have a TAC case open and therefore didn't nail down a formal
bugID. That's my fault, I suppose, for working with someone at Cisco
who I've worked with for years and using them as a "backchannel" to
communicate the issues I was seeing with BFD to Cisco DEs.

Instead, I got a report that the developers would revisit the
pre-emption problem and also work on providing an alert/log in cases
where they detected that BFD packets were being lost to
pre-emption. Longer term I was told that they were looking at giving
BFD better priority in IOS. This activity was as of late April, '06.

-Charles