[c-nsp] Slow IOS transfers on 2811

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 11:01:41 EDT 2006

On 6/1/06, Jon Lewis <jlewis at lewis.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Jun 2006, John Neiberger wrote:
>
> > The FastEthernet interface is autonegotiating to 100/full. I have no
> > reason to suspect a connectivity problem because the router and my PC
> > are connected to the same little switch under my desk and my PC has no
> > problems at all.
>
> Are you seeing any errors/collisions/late collisions on the router's FE
> that would indicate an autonegotiation failure?

Nope, no errors. I have no reason at all to suspect a duplex mismatch.
That was the first thing I checked. I should also mention that I'm
getting extremely good response times via ping. With 1500 byte packets
the average round trip time is 1 millisecond. It is only image
transfers to the router that are terribly slow.  I'm beginning to
wonder if something is broken with the file system on the router.

Thanks,
John