[c-nsp] Looking for example dialup configs for a PA-MC-2T1

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Fri Jun 2 15:46:46 EDT 2006

At 03:37 PM 6/2/2006, Aaron Daubman wrote:
>Thanks for the reply...
>
>>I don't think you can do anything with analog calls on a PA-MC-2T1.
>>You would need DSPs. ISDN calls should work fine. Just use a basic
>>AS53xx config and it will be the same.
>
>The following may be a 'stupid question(tm)' then, but is the
>'channel-group X timeslots Y-Z speed 56' just to force the DS0 to
>'voice mode' to avoid ISDN data charges?

That is really just used for channelized T1 lines with robbed bit
signaling. For ISDN, that would be set to 64. The call setup for
56DOVBS/56D/64D comes from the calling side anyway.

>If the PA-MC-2T1 cannot terminate analog calls, can you suggest a PA
>(for a 7206VXR) that can (preferably one that could handle both ISDN
>or Analog).

I don't think there is anything - other than adding an AS5800 dial
shelf. An AS5300 would do the trick and they are very affordable on
the secondary market.

-Robert

http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin