[c-nsp] Layer2 Switch Recommendations

David J. Hughes bambi at Hughes.com.au
Fri Jun 2 19:04:59 EDT 2006

On 03/06/2006, at 7:53 AM, Rick Truong wrote:

> My company can provide this equipment (USED) WS-C6504-E with SUP32's
> [WS-SUP32-GE-3B=] and a couple of [WS-X6148A-GE-TX] for much cheaper
> than
> $56k with 90 day warranty if you do decide to go with David's
> suggestion.

1. As I mentioned I was using Australian list price in Australian
dollars for the comparison.  I'm sure the US list price in US dollars
would be significantly cheaper.

2. I am yet to meet a single person that actually pays list price from
Cisco so, as previously stated, the prices mentioned were for
comparison between the options not for CapEx budgeting

3. This isn't a sales forum and spamming the entire mailing list with
your sales proposal will not win you any friends - in fact it will
probably lose you some.  Perhaps you should contact individuals
directly rather than broadcasting to the entire list.  That way you
won't get your business black listed for being a "bunch of spammers".

David