[c-nsp] BGP Best Practice

Danny Vernals danny.vernals at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 09:50:04 EDT 2006

Thanks,

I'm actually after a good document (RFC, Cisco authored etc) that states
this (ignore my IGP comment but some early BGP-4 RFCs do state that intra-AS
communication is acceptable via redistibution into an IGP, although when
written there were significantly less Internet routes!!! :)).

I know all the theory etc but I need to explain it to a Transit customer of
mine and would like to have an offical document to quote rather than just
explaining it myself.

They currently connect to us via eBGP in 2 geographic locations from one
AS.  I need to stop them from removing the physical and associated iBGP
connectivity between these locations leaving a split-AS.

(They're allowing updates in containing their own AS)

Cheers

Danny