[c-nsp] Configuring G.703 multiflex

Dave Lim dave.daturax at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 09:50:03 EDT 2006

Anyone have any experience in configuring G.703 multiflex for
Voice/WAN? Bear with as this is my first time configuring an E1 G.703
multiflex trunk. I seldom do such installation.

My questions are what are the information do I need to get from my
service provider?

1. Do I specify the clock source to be line which is the default?
2. What is the line code? AMI or HDB3? for E1, the line coding default
is HDB3? Do I use this?
3. What is the line termination value? Do I use 120ohm or 75ohm?

Are the information mentioned sufficient?

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121newft/121t/121t1/dtg703.htm