[c-nsp] Routing/Switching Redundancy - Pair 6509's

Paul Stewart paul at canseek.ca
Mon Jun 12 12:14:36 EDT 2006

Hi there...

We have a pair of 6509's currently with Sup2/MSFC2 cards.  Right now, a bunch of
VLAN's terminate (routing) on one shelf and the rest on another shelf.  I'd like
to add all VLAN's to the trunk in between the switches and have the routing done
primarily on one shelf but failover to the other.  In other words I'd like to
setup the VLAN interface for layer3 on both switches for redundancy purposes.
All routing is OSPF on both 6500's.....

What can I use to do this?  Just looking for a pointer to the right options and
I can take it from there..;)

Paul

--
This e-mail was brought to you by CanSeek.CA - Canada's Complete Search Engine!
http://www.canseek.ca/