[c-nsp] TE without MPLS question

Nick Kraal nick at arc.net.my
Tue Jun 13 00:03:59 EDT 2006

Dear all,

I have a situation here where some TE needs to be carried out. We have
not implemented MPLS-TE in our network as yet.

CustA, CustB, etc

RTRA----RTRB
|         |
RTRD----RTRD

BigBadWWW

[1] Router A-D are all full mesh iBGP speakers i.e. CustomerA and
     CustomerB prefixes are directly announced to all routers from RTRA.
[2] From OSPF link costs, the route path for CustomerA/B (to get to
     RTRD for the Internet)is:
      CustA->RTRA->RTRD->Internet
[3] Link between RouterA and RouterD is now congested.
[4] Is there a way to traffic engineer such that *only* CustomerA is
     routed via:
      CustA->RTRA->RTRB->RTRD->RTRD->Internet

Thanks in advance,

-nick/