[c-nsp] MPLS Load balancing Question

Novice vkasturi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 06:28:08 EDT 2006

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your reply. Have 2 questions:

1.If you need symmetry, you can advertise the prefixes differently into the
vpnv4 clouds so remote PE's/RR prefer one over the other (different med,
local-pref, etc.).

>>> When u say this u mean we can have route-maps on the remote PE and have
the incoming Local pref modified. With this we would need to mention the
list of prefixes for which PE1 is preferred and prefixes with PE2 preference
correct. If we use MED then do the same with route-maps on PE1 and PE2. Is
my understanding correct ?

2. Asymmetric traffic should not be a major issue unless you run some
stateful firewalls close to CE1 and CE2.  >>> With rgds to this wont the
packet re-ordering and seq be an issue if there is some congestion in
network at some stage. There are no firewalls.

Thanks again.

Annu