[c-nsp] 837 adsl pppoe questions

Peter Hicks peter.hicks at poggs.co.uk
Mon Jun 19 06:33:28 EDT 2006

Hi Will

On Mon, June 19, 2006 11:21, William said:

> I've now been asked to set a device up for an ADSL line in Ireland,
> they will be using PPPoE instead of PPPoA which is what I'm use to
> catering for.
>
> Can anyone share with me a working PPPoE configuration? Obviously with
> all the sensitive bits censored. I just cant see in my config where I
> would start delcaring I'm going to use PPPoE!

I had the same problem in France, but it's really quite straightforward
(unless you have a non-technical manager in France, on the phone to you,
whilst you're waiting at Gatwick Airport for an incoming flight and
neither of you can hear the other!)

Use the same config as an 837, but instead put "pppoe enable" and
"pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1" on Ethernet1.  Set your static default
route up to the Dialer, and configure it as per PPPoA.

Let me know if you'd like a full config - but the above should get you
started.

Best wishes,

Peter.

--