[c-nsp] Can a SPAN port kill a router?

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Thu Jun 22 12:02:04 EDT 2006

You are right, input packets on a span port should not be passed into
the system in IOS - any idea what the traffic spiking the CPU looked like?

Tim

At 10:17 PM 6/21/2006, Hank Nussbacher maintained:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759